This is one event you don't want to miss!
The 1-Mile Fun Walk will start at 3pm and the 5K race will start at 3:30pm on Ohio Street and finish in front of the Platter's Chocolate Factory in the newly renovated Wurlitzer Building in North Tonawanda, New York using USATF Certified Course #NY15045. All participants will receive sponge candy and fruit, snacks, and bottled water will be served at the finish line.
Platter’s Chocolate Factory is hosting our 6th Annual Sponge Candy 5K on September 16, 2023. New For 2023, we are also offering a 1-Mile Walk at 3pm. This will be a fun event to raise money for Special Olympics New York!
All race participants and supporters are invited to join in the post-race celebration. There will be fruit, snacks, bottled water, prizes and giveaways, and of course the awards ceremony. Stop by right next door at Fattey Beer Co. to enjoy live music and drinks at 6:00pm.
Platter's Chocolate Factory
908 Niagara Falls Blvd
North Tonawanda, NY 14120
REGISTRATION & PACKET PICKUP
Online registration will remain open right up until the start of the race. Race day registration and packet pickup will take place inside the Wurlitzer Building from 2:00 pm right up until the start of the 5K race at 3:30 pm.
*All participants who register by 9/1/23 will be guaranteed to receive an official Sponge Candy 5K t-shirt in their requested size! Those who register after this date will be provided with a shirt (if available) on a first come-first serve basis.
- 5K Registration ............ $25/$30 after 9/10/23
- 1-Mile Fun Walk ........... $25/$30 after 9/10/23
EARLY PACKET PICKUP OPTION (Friday September 15th from 4-6pm)
Participants will have the option of picking up their race bib, shirt and sponge candy on Friday September 15th from 4-6pm at Platters!
POST RACE CELEBRATION
- We will have a basket raffle all week long with net proceeds benefiting our selected charity for 2023.
- Celebration of National Sponge Candy Day with samples of our famous sponge candy!
- Our feature events, the 1-mile walk will start at 3:00pm and “The Run for Sponge” 5k will begin at 3:30pm.
- Bee Kind Experience will be hosting a Buffalo themed tailgate in the parking lot hosting the best vendors around bringing their products to sell.
- Sammy Sponge will join us for pictures before, during and after the race.
- Stop by Fattey Beer Co. - Wurlitzer after the race for drinks and enjoy live music starting at 6:00pm!
There will be plenty of free parking at the Wurlitzer Building with overflow parking available at Walmart.
AGE GROUPS & AWARDS
Platter's Chocolate Factory gift baskets will be presented to the 1st place overall male, female, and under 14 5K finishers. Custom race medals will be presented to the top three male and female 5K runners in each of the following age groups:
Age Groups: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 and older.
There will be no refunds. In the event of foul weather, public safety concerns, or for any other reason deemed necessary by race organizers (ex: pandemic, state of emergency, etc), we reserve the right to postpone/reschedule/modify the event at our discretion and/or offer a virtual alternative if necessary.
CONTACT / INFORMATION
For additional information on the race or sponsorship opportunities available, please contact Sydney Watters at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 716-389-3050.
TIMING & FINISH LINE SERVICES
Professional timing & finish line services using industry leading Jaguar Electronic RFID timing will be provided by Race Management Solutions. Results are updated throughout the race in real time and can be accessed at any time after crossing the finish line using any one of the following options:
- FREE ITSYourRace Mobile App
- RMS Race Results Kiosk/Printer
- Scrolling Results TV Monitor(s)
Race participants can also use the ITSYourRace platform to view and share finish line photos with family and friends for free on Facebook. Custom finisher certificates can also be downloaded from the results page at no charge!